Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Want to Be Like . . .

When I was little I always envied my sister. And I always thought . . . When I grow up I want to be just like my sister:


Kathy: because she had such a gentle soul. Because she was so talented -- she could draw anything, design anything, heck even her handwriting was cool. And she could cook like a gourmet chef, garden like a master gardener, and throws a mean house party.


Debbie: Because she was so smart, she knew everything. She got good grades in all of her classes and Mom and Dad always made a deal of that. And she was so confident -- people really listened to her (well unless you were her little sister with an independent streak!). She was so generous, always there for everyone, always helping everyone else out. She's a mean cook and has the most wonderful garden.




Sue: Because she was so athletic. She was good at every sport she tried. She went to college and played basketball but could have played softball, field hockey or any other sport she wanted to.



Cindy: Because she was so popular, eveyone liked her. She was a cheerleader and always had lots of time for everyone. And everything she did was so special, she made everyone else feel special. And she has such a giving soul and puts everyone else first. Everything she does has a wonderful personal touch and handmade style.



So I decided to steal a bit from all of them. I'm not as artistic as Kathy but I'm a bit creative, I'm not as smart at Debbie but I used to hold my own (until I had one too many concussion!) Although I can't cook I do like to eat, and I am not a great gardener I can keep planting things, watering them, hope they don't die, then planting them again when they do. I was never as good an athlete as Sue but I played sports OK and ride my bike alot. And I wish I was as kind and generous as Cindy (does that count?).

So I guess I did grow up to be just like my sister.






4 comments:

  1. I want to be just like you - creative with words and pictures, athletically talented (I think you can even chew gum and walk)and you are kind and thoughtful. I want a book of all your blogs - they make me happy/sad. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do struggle a bit on the gum/walking stuff! And I would so like to be more like all those positive qualities I see in all my sisters. Unfortunately I am MUCH better at picking up and mimicing people's negative qualities. I work on that part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be like you, and you, and you, and you!! I have a saying on my wall that says, "God gives the very best to those who leave the choices up to Him". God has given me the bestest sisters!! (thought I tried to post this several times yesterday ~ apparently none of them went through)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ALL have the bestest sisters! - I tried posting something that didn't post also - hmm.

    ReplyDelete