Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hopelessly Lost in Paris

Whew I'm one exhausted traveler!  Got back to my room at 8:30 pm Paris time. Have no idea what time that is on the home front - too tired to do the math!

Goods and bads:  made a flight so didn't lose a day yea!  Was worried when I asked the gate agent to switch me to a window seat I may have made a mistake as there was no middle person in my original aisle seat - but Yipee I had the whole row, 3 seats to myself!  Bad news is even laying across all three those are uncomfortable seats to sleep in!  Was bummed I was going to get into Paris so many hours later (and we were delayed in Atlanta by a storm) but ended up OK as sleeping was longer!  I knew the lights went on but stayed resting - sat up as they served the row behind me breakfast so I was next!  That was a little before 5 am to me so actually not bad!  Felt better than some - you leave earlier and aren't quite ready to sleep. 

Good hotel - typical small rooms, I don't have AC but there is a fan so it's like at home!  But look at the size/weight of that key - needless to say I'm playing very European and leaving at desk each day!




Didn't have plans for today. I pre-purchased a 4 day museum pass, then actually was bummed because I kind of just want to walk around and just play and with the pass I feel the need to get my monies worth!  Go to pick up and they didn't have 4 day passes so gave me 2 each 2 days - hm I'm going to rethink this!  Can use the 2 days other on a different trip!

So basically wandered all day. Spent forever in the Jardin de Tuileries - by far my most favorite spot ever probably anywhere. Sigh. I'm in love!  Then walked, ended up at Eiffel Tower. At which point I wandered back streets and absolutely had no idea where I was!  I'm pretty sure I walked in circles at least once!  And I'm perpetually lost so never really worried. But now I'm finding even with 2 different prescription contacts I can't see maps to read names in streets so just had to keep being lost!  Sure beats knowing where you are in most other places though! But saw cool stuff - I never would have seen this most awesome door if I wasn't lost (and you may remember I adore the French "portes"!). 



I'll have to photoshop out the trash can - I was going to move it!

One of the joys of traveling alone is you can get lost and walk for hours. You can have an agenda and ditch it and freelance. You can eat when you want. Oh wait that's actually a negative. As DEBBIE can attest I frequently forget to stop and eat - breakfast in plane, finally grabbed a salad, now eating dark chocolate almonds from the states and the bottle of wine I didn't drink for dinner on the plane!

But wonderfully happy with the day!  A little rain tomorrow afternoon so may have to slip back to hotel and watch the Tour in French!  Ah so many choices!

Hope you enjoy the pictures!









No comments:

Post a Comment