Ooooh la la! What a day!
This morning, thanks to a tip from Sue, I went in search of the whale (baleine) that had beached along the banks of the Seine river. I didn't see it earlier as I wasn't on the river in that area but more inland
While the scientists trying to figure out what happened where gone the whale was still there
You guessed it, a sperm whale. And yes it ended up being an environmental message. As much as we may want to debate it climate change is real. Yes climate change is cyclical (there was an ice age that wiped out dinosaurs yes?) but we are moving it faster and we do need to find a way to coexist. So an interesting approach this
The good news is that although it was 2.5-3 miles from the hotel it afforded me an opportunity to take more pictures of the beautiful Cathedral Notre Dame from a different vantage point
And after stopping to pick up food to get me through the Tour, I went by the flower market in the Il de la Cité and by the sounds I remembered, in Sunday it's an oiseau market!
I've read about it but never been in that area on a Sunday! It was pretty cool! So thanks for the heads up Sue those were three cool experiences! Plus of course I need more steps on the old Fitbit!
But really today was about one thing - Le Tour de France!
So I walked a bit and decided on a spot. Always risky because after a bit you can't really change your mind with all the people. And met the glorious Darling family from Australia - Finona, Rob, and Stuart! They were great fun and loved cycling. So we talked bikes, riding, funny people and etc. which was good because there were hours to whittle away waiting! And Finona was diligent in protecting our space as you must be - people fight to crowd you out! So it ended up brilliant and of course the race is always wonderful! There was brief rain but non of the expected inch. No selfies of me with the Tour as I was too into watching it go by and taking pictures! I did capture some good ones and also ones of the planes that did the fly over!
Not bad vantage point huh?!
The American team (but only 3 total Americans in the race) had a guy who finished 2nd. I found their bus afterwards - me and the entire country of Columbia (Rigoberto is Columbian!). What fun that was
You know the rest. I will have to go back to no sugar and clean eating but I enjoyed my last snack!
Tired, exhausted and I only watched! Have to pack in the am and get on a plane. But it's been a blast!

No comments:
Post a Comment