Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Shed A Tear Today

I Shed a Tear Today

Time does not always dull
What the heart wants to feel
I thought it was time

I shed a tear today

For Love and Loss
For Weddings passed, babies born
Opportunities missed, conversations gone

I shed a tear today

For things unsaid, for things that shouldn't have been said
For friends missed
Time that was robbed

I shed a tear today

I shed it for me, for the Dead have no need
Sleep well, the glorious day is upon us
Pain and emptiness no longer

I shed a tear today

I shed it for you, for love and lessons learned
For hope, lives touched, cherished friends
Love and Family, futures guaranteed

I shed a tear today

It's not yet time
So the heart will feel, yearn and loss
In celebration for a life well lived


Merci Papa, A Bientot



In Memory Of
Carl H. Chorman
July 2, 1926 - June 24, 2007



3 comments:

  1. Have I told you lately how proud I am of you? I shed a tear reading this - thank you for the memorial to Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we may have all shed a tear this week. Great picture ~ I am soooo glad we had that party for him ~ he had such a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to love the paper tiki hut in the background. I still laugh whenever i think about us all trying to put that dumb thing together. It was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete