Friday, July 20, 2012

Rainstorm Day 5

525 or so miles down. 150-160 left to go

Tonight we're in room 417. I think. Darn I can't keep it straight. Each night I get lost going to and from the room. Which room are we in again? Where are the stairs? Is the elevator left or right?

Fortunately I room with built in GPS Heidi so I just follow her! She also keeps us on course out on the road or we would have even more miles!

Felt sooo much better today - calories can do that too you. Thanks so much for your thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement - they mean the world and definitely helped! Got me thru today! Know tomorrow will still be tough! Feeling better should help!

My under carriage, however, is another story. Could not get comfortable. Between diaper rash and bruised sit bones hard to sit on that saddle! Going down one hill I draped a leg off the top tube so my butt was off the saddle. Told the guys beside me I was airing out my crotch! He nearly fell off his bike. Hey - you have to have a sense of humor to get through this

Cooler today which was wonderful. Took all of my pulls. Had one pull, turned and had a tailwind - dropped 3 people including Jim and Heidi! Ok Ok they were staying with a guy who was struggling but hey!

So now on to RAIN - the Ride Across Indiana. So thousands show up just for this ride - all fresh and ready to go. And they think we should pull. We will beg to differ. Our legs with 500+ miles need a break!

Unfortunately looks like a head wind and since we go almost straight west to east we'll fight it all day. Oh goody

Sure hope I can make it

No comments:

Post a Comment