- Major snow storm dumping over a foot of snow they Day the flight leaves. But only centered around Mom's house! (seriously - by the Mentor exit it was all clear!)
- An hour + delay on our Paris connection caused by An ill passenger who had to deplane then they had to go through the luggage hold for their two (2!) checked bags. Travel light people. And then subsequently another hour when they discovered a mechanical problem but couldn't get us to our gate
- Our shuttle from airport to hotel wasn't there to give us a ride (Uber to the rescue!)
- And the one sunny part of the day was lost to us due to delay
But man we're in Paris! Colder than expected and a bit of steady rain that finally eased off. But that didn't stop us from:
- Exploring Montmartre and Sacre Coeur
- Shopping for trinkets
- Eating Soup de l'oignon at Place du Tertre
- Getting an Angelina's cup of heaven (also known as chocolat chaud). (Oh and an eclair)
- Taking some night pictures of the lights
- Seeing some classic Parisian art work - like these two guys pooping
- Visiting a Christmas market
And I only got us lost/messed up once - and I recovered it one metro stop later so no harm!
We're tired. Fitbit said I got 2 hrs sleep. But walked 14,000+ steps so there's a trade off!
Sure hope Sam had fun! I think he did!
Bon Nuit tout le monde! A demain

No comments:
Post a Comment