What did you pray for today? A new car, help on a problem, help for a friend? For yourself, for someone else, for something? For Jamie?
God always answers prayers, maybe just not the way we wanted God to. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes the answer is no. Sometimes the answer is now, sometimes the answer is wait a bit.
If I ask for help for something -- how do I know I'm hearing God's answer, and not the one planted in my head? How do we weed out our will from God's? God's will vs that which is planted here by evil?
It's a wonder I get any rest at night because I'm always pondering. I had a sense Jamie's meeting would not go well. So – if that’s not what he’s supposed to do will he know that? Will he know what he’s called to do? Will God knock louder, be more obvious? Or is it what he’s called to do, but others agenda’s are left to interrupt?
I don't doubt but I do question. I don't doubt, I do ponder. Questioning I think is good. Curiousity means interest, interest leads to discovery. For me questioning sometimes means checking in with Debbie.
"If this were God’s plan, His time, it would be so. God is sovereign, it is for His glory and our good. We can’t see that – the plan is hidden from us. Our rewards are not earthly but heavenly. But people are still held accountable, responsible. So – life is not “fair”, easy, perfect. We have to learn and grow from our hurts – and this one hurts, isn’t fair, isn’t easy. But God is still in control and He is the one Who will comfort, encourage, sustain. And that is my prayer for Jamie right now. God might be protecting Jamie from something far worse, He might be calling Jamie to lean on Him. But I’m sad, angry, life isn’t fair – so I’m leaning on my Saviour Who loves me so much."
One of my students at Drake sent me a note. Jacob is one of your typical overachievers -- polite, talented. Creative, analytical, organized. Involved with everything -- Habitat for Humanity, the Mount Leadership Society. He has plans for architecture, is doing graphic design work. Just a dream really.
His Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. At first they thought it was going to be cut and dry. But it has not proven to be so predictable. He sent me a note so that he could explain if he was unable to meet some of his deadlines. He ended his e-mail "Please Pray".
I can do that, that is easy. I can't fix anything, I can't guarantee God will give him the answer he wants. But I can pray. I can let Jacob know I am thinking of him. I can support him. And I can ask you for Prayers. When I e-mail him now I check in quickly, get to the work/task part, and end the e-mail simply -- "Prayers" -- reminds me, reinforces to him.
She has surgery Friday. Please Pray. For Jacob, him mom and family. For Jamie and his family.
Please Pray. A cure is not guaranteed, a promise that all will be fine cannot be offered. Please Pray. Hope and Understanding. Love greater than we can ever imagine.
Please Pray. It is enough. It has always been enough, it will always be enough.
Please Pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We'll pray - takethem to the throne of God
ReplyDelete