Monday, February 15, 2010

Char the Dog (Sisters weekend Part I)

Does anyone remember Char? Char was a beautiful German Shepard, Irish Setter, Collie mix. Char was Sue's dog, but then Sue went to college and Char stayed behind and became more the family dog.

Char was quite loyal, sometimes fiercly so (Amy may not remember how the bottle nipple she was using as a pacifier saved her face from a large scare). And she was at the Corduroy Road house without Sue more than Sue was at the house with Char.

But there is no doubt -- Char was definitely Sue's dog.

Char was the brunt of every fart joke, accusation, smelly mischief for years, quite honestly whether she was guilty or not. With that kind of skill you really only need to be guilty once.

Last weekend during sister's weekend I remembered why Char was most definitely Sue's dog. Sue blamed it on gluten -- but knowing that and still farting like that -- yep I'm not really buying into the gluten thing.

But the good news is -- after a few episodes everyone else is off the hook. So it's kind of fun to go up front and, well .... you know.

So since Sue is a teacher I leave you with these Fun Facts About Your FARTS



In memory of Char

2 comments:

  1. Okay - I thought it was the MIDDLETON side of my family that was enamored with farts. I tried to give us Chormans the benefit but can see I was just FOOLING myself. Now I'm remembering, Tiffany Train Toots... Gotta be famous for something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned two new words today - Mud Butt and sharting ~ where do those fall in our farting initials :-) Also, where are dogs in the top ten "farters"? Tiffany was pretty good huh :-) I'm almost afraid to read Sister Weekend Part 2.

    ReplyDelete